Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fun and Games

It's the sport of kings
Better than diamond rings
Kickball


Remember the game you used to play in middle school, where you played on a baseball diamond, but instead of using a bat and ball, the pitcher rolled you a red four square ball, which you kicked to get on base. Well, this summer and fall, I played on a co-ed kickball team in Boulder, and I have got to say that it really kicks ass. Our team finished second to last both seasons (take that all woman team, the Ovulators), but I think that we had more fun than any other team.

We would meet up for beers before the game and typically have a case of PBR in the dugout. We also had theme nights, as you can see in the photos, such as Wigstock, Bizarro Pimps and Hos, Ski Night, and Halloween. Our games were on Monday nights, and I actually found myself looking forward to Mondays. Now that the season is over, I miss the game and the camaraderie. Is there a four square league or a kick the can league I can join this winter?

5 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it really was "kick"ass.
maybe we could do indoor wiffle ball or hard-core red rover this winter to keep in shape.
i just can't wait 'till spring!

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Niall! Now the name "Nialita" really fits. Nice strapless shirt, CD better watch out or you might steal all of her clothes.

Kickball does kick ass.

Urbs

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Me said...

Allison aka slider - It has been an honor playing shortstop (or 1st) next to a second basewoman of your caliber. I am wondering what the hard core part of red rover would entail?

Urbs - That actually isn't me in the strapless for the bizarro pimps and hos and Halloween games, but a cool guy named Keith. He does look pretty hot though.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I love the reference to Wildcats, great movie.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Me said...

Amy - Nice! You win the award for being the first person to catch the reference. Your prize is the choice of getting to hang out with me at Megan's b-day party or having me record a personalized version of the Mark's Toys and Pets song (Lot's of fun, lot's of fun...yeah!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home