Monday, June 02, 2008

Music and Movies

I just got back from a great weekend in Trout Lake (near Telluride), where we had a bachelor party for my good friend Warren. I might share more on that weekend in another post, but during the 12 hours that we were in the car, one of our discussions was about great uses of songs in movies. Below are a few of my personal favorites that I can remember right now. I am sure that I am forgetting some classics, so feel free to share a few of your own in the comments.

Almost Famous - Tiny Dancer (Elton John)


Reality Bites - All I Want Is You (U2)

In Italian too, how ridiculous is YouTube?

Big Lebowski - The Man in Me (Bob Dylan)


Miami Vice - In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)

Okay, this is from the TV pilot, but this scene changed television, so I had to include it. "It was real, wasn't it?"

3 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Big Lebowski clip, that one always makes me laugh. I would add two more (although you are right and this could be a discussion that could last hours and hours). I would add Bittersweet Symphony from Cruel Intention and Sinner Man from The Thomas Crown Affair.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Me said...

Bittersweet Symphony and Sinner Man are two of my favorite songs, so they make any scene better.

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could pick some good stuff from a variety of Tarantino movies, such as "Stuck in the Middle with You." Love that Miami Vice clip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home