Monday, April 05, 2010

Fish Tales

A couple weeks ago I met up with some old friends in Colorado to do some flyfishing. We hit a river that is known for its large, but tricky to catch, fish. I gotta say it was one of the more fun and exciting trips we have taken. I caught a nice 22 inch rainbow that I was quite pleased with.


The fish that I caught was nice, but it didn't compare to this football of a fish that Buck caught.



And then Josset went and changed our entire perspective on what it is to catch a big fish. Using a 5 weight rod, 5x fluorocarbon tippet, and a size 22 disco midge, he caught the fish of a lifetime. He spent over fifteen minutes landing the rainbow trout (which took two nets). The river is catch and release, so he let it go. At least Urbach got some photos before Josset let it loose again for another angler to try and catch.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home