Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Confessions of a U2 Junkie

On March 28th, U2 will kick off their world tour in San Diego, and I can't wait. Like a syringe to a heroine addict, a twinkie to an overeater, or Mad Dog 20/20 to a drunk, a U2 concert is the ticket (?) to my addiction. I have been an addict ever since I first saw them live in '92 for the Zoo TV tour, and have been fortunate enough to see them many times since. Many think that I am obsessive, but I must say that it is healthier than many other addictions, and despite the escalating ticket prices, probably cheaper too. U2 announced the 3rd led of the Vertigo tour yesterday, and they are coming back to North America. I am having a difficult time fighting the urge to buy more tickets. (OK, I succumbed and purchased 2 for the closer in Portland). After the fan club fiasco with the tickets for the first leg went on sale, U2 vowed to try to fix things. They did, and it was so smooth and easy this time around. I had the coveted GA floor tickets purchased in less than a minute. It is good to see them taking care of their long time fans/addicts.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Lea said...

I'm a U2 junkie too! Sounds like the show on Monday night was awesome from what I've heard...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home