Thursday, January 12, 2006

TV Addiction

I have a guilty pleasure. It is called The O.C.. You know how there are certain things that you joke about liking in an ironic kind of a way. I used to do that about The O.C. Now, I must admit that I honestly like it. I would even put it up there with Entourage and Lost. I really appreciated tonight's episode with its reference to another classic television show, Beverly Hills, 90210. Seth and Summer were holding a sign that said, "Marissa Cooper Graduates!" How classic is it that the writers paid homage to the original and ultimate teen show? They have done a great job giving the characters little quirks and eccentricities, and Sandy Cohen might be a better TV Dad than Jim Walsh. They actually have some pretty good music on the show. Beck, Sufjan Stevens, Low, and U2 are a few of the acts whose music has been used on the show. Deathcab for Cutie and Modest Mouse even performed on the show. That was almost as surprising as when The Flaming Lips performed at the Peach Pit. Also, is it just me, or did Marissa Cooper get way hotter all of a sudden?

4 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Nymph said...

Yo -
I thought I caught a glimpse of an older and wiser Brandon Walsh on a clip for some new showing coming out on CBS. Is it true - will Brandon be on TV again?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

You are right my friend. He is going to be on the CBS television show, "Love Monkey". Damn, a show with monkey in the title and Brandon Walsh? I might have to watch it. That gives me an idea for a contest. What would you call your TV show?

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would call mine Whiskey Dawg. It would star Jessica Alba and Zac from Saved by the Bell. It would the story of a scantily clad Alba, Zack, and their dog, Roofies, fighting injustice and androids controlled by the evil overlord Jorge Shrub, played by Jack Black.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My TV show would be called "Josset is a bitch ass mutha" or "Warren likes donkeys".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home