Thursday, December 21, 2006

Blizzard of '06

The snow and wind have finally stopped, so I thought I would take a picture of the snowfall. If you look at the fence running to the west, you can get an idea of the snowdrifts that have built up. We had a sweet cornice that built up on the front of our house. It was about 4 feet high and stuck out about 2 feet from the gutter. I shovelled the driveway (once last night and once this morning), but we won't be going anywhere soon, as we can't get through all of the snow in the cul-de-sac. I think we got a little over 2 feet of snow, but the wind piled it up in areas, such as our front yard, in drifts over 3 feet deep. Fortunately, Cherilyn and I were able to work from home yesterday and didn't get stranded anywhere. We were able to snuggle in front of the fire and watch Lord of the Rings. A perfect way to spend a snow day.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

N- I like your idea of working from home. I'm sure that lord of the rings and the snuggling were well worth it...
Writing from a Super 8 in Price, Utah...
JSG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home