Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Peyton Spanks the Monkey

Peyton Manning finally got the monkey off his back and won the big one. The Super Bowl wasn't a total snooze fest, but it was one of the sloppier games I have seen. The Bears play calling and execution was terrible. Even the commercials pretty were forgettable. But the worst part of the entire broadcast was Phil Simms. He is by far my least favorite commentator. He worked a handful of the Broncos games this year, and I thought CBS was sticking the Broncos with their third or fourth string broadcast team. Then I turn on the Super Bowl and hear Simms voice. This is CBS's top broadcasting team!?! Couldn't they have hired Chris Collinsworth to come over the NFL Network (where he is stuck with Bryant Gumbel). If not him, then one of the more under rated announcers, such as Sterling Sharpe, Jesse Palmer, or Troy Aikman (although I believe they all have contracts with other networks). So in honor of Simms and his terrible performance, here are some "interesting" Phil Simms quotes.

"Boomer's throwing that love out to me, being nice. I don't like it. I like a little friction."

“Tom Brady, he’s a handsome dude. He’s also fearless and likes the action.”

“Look at Drew Brees. I’m talking about his pants. Don’t get nervous.”

"Lamar Smith [Miami running back] doesn't look like much in his underwear."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home