Thursday, November 17, 2005

Don't Believe It

President Bush is on the defensive regarding the justification for invading Iraq again. The President stated, "...it is irresponsible for Democrats to now claim that we misled them and the American people. Leaders in my administration and members of the United States Congress from both political parties looked at the same intelligence on Iraq, and reached the same conclusion: Saddam Hussein was a threat."

That is not exactly correct. President Bush viewed the same intelligence that Congress did. Congress on the other hand did not view all of the intelligence that the President did. Congress was given a report from the White House detailing the threat of Hussein. The Executive Branch supplied the information. That is what they voted on. That intelligence in the report was manipulated to support a case for war and was incomplete and inaccurate, to put it mildly. This administration misled both Congress and the American public on weapons of mass destruction, the imminent threat of an attack from Iraq, and the connection between Al Qaida and Iraq.

Senator Hagel's remarks.

Senator Murtha's remarks.

I find it interesting that the politicians who actually served in the military, such as Sen. Hagel, Sen. Kerry, and Sen. Murtha are often the first to disapprove of the use of military action, whereas individuals who haven't served in combat, such as VP Cheney are so quick to support it.

3 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night I had a dream that included a lot of characters from the Bush Administration. It was a lenghy dream-ordeal and a frustrating one as I drove to work this morning. Here's how it went down:
I wake up to find myself in a place that looks and feels like my home-town, but it's actually been occupied by a dictator known as 'the texan' who is a scary sort of monkey boy like the kid A. Wood played in Sin City. The thing is, it's GW Bush hopping around like a bunny and killing people. So, as this was a dream and things skip from place to place, I found myself on the top of a butte with a high-powered rifle and I dumped the son of a bitch. However, in my dream, I made the decision to make a deliberate pain-shot before killing him. I shot him in the balls first, then, I walked down slowly before putting the pooor slug out of his misery with a heart/lung shot. When I finally looked at him closely, it was Dick Cheney. He was after our oil he said. The shot destroyed his intentions of being prick of the world.
Later, I was at the hospital (in my dream again). They said they needed to cut my nuts off because no one had ever killed a person like i just did. But I showed 'em my license and tags and they let me free.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Me said...

That is hilarious. "...a deliberate pain shot". Did he bleed oil or blood?

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. I hope the Secret Service doesn't find you, torture you, and then convict you for threatening the life of the president. If Cheney wasn't in the West Wing, it would only be find you and convict you...Apparently, he likes the "pain shot" also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home