Monday, January 23, 2006

Steel Curtain

The Steel Curtain came down on the Broncos season yesterday. The Steelers had an excellent game plan, played extremely hard, and took advantage of the opportunities given to them. I still can't believe how many third down conversions they made in the first half. The only time the Broncos stopped them, they settled for a fied goal. QB Ben Roethlisberger picked on rookie cornerback Domonique Foxworth for much of the game. Despite the wupping, I am impressed that the Broncos kept fighting and did not give up.

Also, I want to add that I am actually in agreement with something that Skip Bayless, one of the worst sports writers/talking heads in the budsiness for the ESPN.com's Page 2 story he wrote. No, not the annoying bit about the Jakes, but his comments on the near interception by Bailey. The Broncos missed at least three chances for interceptions, which could have swayed momentum of the game.

Still, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a very merry Super Bowl. The Steelers executed the game plan flawlessly and beat the Broncos solidly.

2 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Nymph said...

Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bro. I can't help but think it all would have been in Denver's favor if that first fumble wasn't challenged.
Ruined my day.
JSG

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger chappie said...

I was thinking that if Foxworth had pulled in that 1st INT. it would have gone our way. But, Plummer needed to do something very different, I even found myself thinking that throwing Super-Sweet in there would have been a good idea. I took a nap when it was all over, just to forget.
wcr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home