Thursday, March 09, 2006

Cruelly funny

Cal fans pulled a prank on USC point guard Gabe Pruitt during their game last weekend. Students were heard chanting "VIC-TO-RIA" throughout the game, much to the confusion of others in the arena.

The reason for this was Cal students created an AOL instant messenger identity for a UCLA co-ed named Victoria. The students began corresponding with the USC point guard on AOL instant messenger and there were plans to meet up for a date after the game.

The Cal fans first started cheering "Victoria" when Pruitt went to the free throw line. A 78% free throw shooter, he missed 'em both and there was a look of shock on his face. Fans also started reciting his phone number, which he had provided during his IM sessions, and passed out transcripts of the conversations.

Needless to say, Pruitt did not have a good game and USC lost.

7 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Nymph said...

That's frickin' sweet business right there. Next time I see Urbach under pressure I'll start chanting...'roller blader roller blader inline skater masturbator...'
JSG

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And when I see Josser I will start chanting, Davis... Davis... Davis... For those of you that don't know. Josser is the one homo that got his senior picture taken in his roller blades. I currently sell the picture on Ebay for $10. Let me know if you are interested.

Urbs

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Nymph said...

I ain't never gonna quit on you Urbach.

Or however that brokeback thing goes.

I guess you've got me on that one...I think the 6ftX8ft is still at Davis Photos in GJ. What a treat.

The thing is...I've converted...no more wheels for me - just a blade.
Too late, I suppose.
jsg

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better not quit on me, big boy. Actually, Amy and I just got some engagement pictures done at Davis last weekend, and Josser, you will be very happy to know that the picture isn't up anymore. I asked Dave Davis if I could have the picture but he said he has it above his desk and he likes to look at it when he's having a bad day.

Urbs

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Nymph said...

Time to throw off the gloves dude -but I won't - don't want to mess you up before the big day. The question is - why do you want a big picture of me when you've got such a pretty fiance?
Jeez - someone can't take a joke.
I still won't quit on you...
JSG

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Me said...

Damn, this is the best flame war that this blog has seen in awhile. You guys are cracking me up. We should start a new blog that is just Urbach and Josset talking shit to each other.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Nymph said...

Yes, we could call it Brokeback Urbach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home