Friday, February 09, 2007

Razor Test

Somehow I ended up receiving free samples of the Schick Quattro and The Gillette Fusion. Now I am more of an old school two blader, but I figured this would be a good chance to see if I should make the switch to the supposed latest and greatest in shaving technology. I tried to keep my study as controlled as possible, so I used the same shaving conditions for each razor. I also shaved with each when I had both light and heavy stubble.

So here are the three competitors. The Schick Quattro states that it has a conditioning strip with aloe and vitamin E, four blades with a titanium coating, a prep strip for stretching the skin, and a lubrication strip for additional comfort. The Gillette Fusion states that it has 5 blades with power glide coating, a flexible comfort gaurd to follow the contours of your face, a precision trimmer blade on the back of the cartridge, and a lubrication strip. And lastly the Gillette Sensor Excel with two blades, a lubrication strip, and MicroFins on the cartridge head. Also, I would recommend checking out the websites for the Fusion and Quattro. You would think that they had developed the cure for AIDS or the replacement for oil with these sites.

So the Schick Quattro pretty much sucked. I don't think it matters how many blades they put on that thing, it was only slightly better than diving face first onto some asphalt. One of the most uncomfortable shaves I have ever experienced.

The Gillette Fusion was a vast improvement. It delivered a close, comfortable shave, and the blade in the back was a nice addition (unless you like to put a finger on the back of the cartridge when you shave).

Lastly, I tried the old standby two blade Gillette Sensor. It was the most comfortable and caused the least nicks. I decided to do a head to head test with the Fusion to be certain, shaving one half of my face with each razor. I will say that the Fusion was a slightly closer shave, but it didn't do as well on the chin.

My conclusion, the Sensor Excel was more comfortable and shaved nearly as close as the Fusion, thus I am sticking with it (it is also much cheaper). Also, I realized that I need to get a life. Razor testing? Blogging about it? What is next, battle of the toothbrushes?

Also, I recommend reading this.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree on that Schick razor. But the vibrating Fusion does it for me. Keeps me nice 'n smoove fo da ladies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home