Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mini Ha Ha

On Sunday, I competed in the Broomfield Mini Haha triathalon. It was my first official triathalon competition, and I am pretty happy with the results. Our friend Christine convinced a group of us to do it, as she had done it the past couple of years. We had two relay teams and 9 individual competitors. The swim portion was 12 lengths of the pool, followed by an eleven mile bike, and two mile run. It is comparatively short, but you are still competing for around an hour. Our group was all in the same heat, which had the bad fortune of starting at 10:20 when the temperature was starting to rise. I really surprised myself in the swim portion, putting up a time which wasn't far off the top competitors. But the bike ride was my weakness. Johnny passed me on the first lap and I didn't see him again until the finish line. Travis made up some good time on the bike and run, finishing right behind me. As it turns out, if Johnny, Travis, and I would have entered the team competition together, we would have won the team competition. It was a lot of fun, and we will likely do it again next year. Congratulations to everyone who competed - Cherilyn, Travis, Johnny, Allison, JC, Liz, Joe, Sarah, Brandon, Albert, Katie, and Harry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home